Also included in
- These interactive Ancient China Activities are the perfect supplement to your textbook or curriculum about Ancient China! This bundle includes four of our most-engaging resources for your China unit! This bundle includes the following resources:Ancient China Geography Activity for Google Drive: Post$13.00$17.00Save $4.00
- This Ancient China Unit Activity Bundle is a great way to supplement your textbook or curriculum materials about Ancient China! This Ancient China Unit Bundle contains the following resources:Ancient China Word WallAncient China Vocabulary Activities for Google DriveAncient China Unit Introduction A$26.00$38.00Save $12.00
- This complete Ancient Civilizations Activities Mega Bundle Part 2 contains 47 resources for your Ancient China, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, and Middle Ages units! There is a range of creative activities that will enrich your current curriculum and help your students develop meaningful skills! Save$87.99$147.50Save $59.51
This no-prep, game-based Silk Road Simulation will be the highlight of your Ancient China unit! In this simulation with printable and digital options, students will travel along the Silk Road, trade a variety of goods, encounter challenges along the way, and answer trivia questions.
Simulations can be such fun and meaningful activities, but they often take a lot of work and preparation to set up, which is why we did all of the work for you! You don't need to cut, purchase, or set-up anything to do this simulation, simply present the slideshow to your students and copy or share the handout with them.
This simulation features five different rounds of competition. In each round, students will do the following:
- Select a city along the Silk Road to travel to
- Get access to new goods commonly traded along the Silk Road (based upon the city they visit)
- Roll the dice (or use Google Dice) to determine if they faced any challenges along the way
- Answer a trivia question about the Silk Road
The slides that facilitate the simulation are organized and take students step-by-step through the entire process. At the end of each round, students will calculate how many points they earned. Finally, the slideshow ends with some optional discussion questions you can use at the end of the simulation.
This epic Silk Road activity includes the following components:
- Detailed Teacher Guide (PDF with Google Drive links)
- Silk Road Simulation Slideshow (Editable Google Slideshow with 50 slides)
- Silk Road Trade Journal (Student handouts available for printable PDF and editable Google Doc)
If you are looking for a Silk Road project or activity that students can do on their own, you might like our Silk Road: Road Trip Project!
Are you looking for more resources about Ancient China? You might like some of these:
- Ancient China Unit Activity Bundle (save over 30%)
- Ancient China Word Wall
- Ancient China Vocabulary Activities for Google Drive
- Ancient China Unit Introduction Activity
- Ancient China Geography Activity: Postcard Project for Google Slides
- Chinese Philosophies Debate: Confucianism, Daoism, and Legalism
- Silk Road Simulation Game
- Silk Road Project: Map Out a Road Trip
- Great Wall of China Activities and Reading Passage
- Ancient China Leaders Job Fair (Confucius, Shi Huangdi, Emperor Wu of Han, and Empress Wu Zetian)
- Ancient China Early Finishers Worksheet
If you like this activity, check out our other engaging simulations: